Mahasarakham University is strongly determined to seek and accumulate knowledge and wisdom for academic excellence through studies of local wisdom and the integration of universal disciplines for individuals’ intellectual growth and self-development in the aspects of academics, ethics, and morality.
In accordance with its philosophy, vision, and mission, as well as the national higher educational development plan, Mahasarakham University has set up the following objectives:
- To provide academic services, promoting and developing academic excellence in a wide variety of areas in order to produce and develop quality graduates and human resources;
- To promote research activities for new knowledge, developing Thai wisdom for competitive potential, and strengthening local communities following the philosophy of self-reliant economy and harmonious society;
- To provide educational services and academic development at all levels of society so as to consistently strengthen individuals’ and organizations’ sustainable potentials to create stability for effective self-reliance;
- To accumulate, conserve, and develop local wisdom, creating the body of knowledge in art and culture in order to be a center for as well as a regional leader of knowledge development;
- To manage and develop the university’s administrative system, for efficiency, freedom and flexibility of operation to meet society’s needs.
To become a leading university in Asia.
The University’s missions include the following:
- Education management that maintains high standards regarding quality of graduates, desirable characteristics, and entrepreneurship;
- Excellence in research and innovation development;
- Providing academic services to the community and society to be self-sufficient and sustainable;
- Conservation, restoration, protection, dissemination and development of Isan arts, culture and traditions.